Sunday, May 15, 2011

Does baking count as nesting?

We spent all day yesterday organizing the house, and today's plan is more of the same. I like seeing my stuff integrated into the decor...it makes me feel much more at home. Especially my books. I have two tall bookshelves, one with fiction and one with non-fiction. It's a good thing I have become a Kindle addict, because I don't have much more room on those shelves!

I wish I could say I loved every minute of the cleaning and organizing, but...not so much. I keep waiting for that nesting instinct to kick in. So far, I'm still a far cry from Martha Stewart.

One thing I have been really into lately is baking. For Mother's Day last week, I made this amazing blueberry coffee cake, which got rave reviews from the non-vegans I fed it to. I got a good deal on a LOT of local strawberries at the produce market, so I froze several for smoothies, then used the rest on top of these shortcakes, with some vegan whipped cream. And then today I made these cinnamon muffins - thankfully I made a double batch, otherwise the still-sleeping dude would probably not have gotten any!

No comments:

Post a Comment