Thursday, January 27, 2011

Three random things I'm digging right now

1. My new Massage Star:

In general, I'm not a huge fan of using anything other than my hands (or maybe hot stones) during massage, but during my recent CEU class I got to try out a few different "toys" and this one I actually like. It fits in my hand well and is good for adding force without straining my fingers. Also easy to wash (some of the stuff I've seen looked like it would be difficult to clean...which really creeps out my inner germ-phobe).

2. PlayLab at Southern Rep Theatre. I hadn't gone to this in a while, and forgot how awesome it is. It's a venue for playwrights to hear short excerpts (or short complete works) read aloud by actors. After the reading, the playwright gets feedback from a generally thoughtful and enthusiastic audience of theater-lovers. And it's free! I've participated in the past as both an actor and a playwright, but this time I just went as an audience member. I got inspired, and wrote a new short play yesterday!

3. The Hey! Cafe on Magazine (at Napoleon). I don't know why I never went in here until recently. They have vegan stuff! Lots of it! Eclairs and cupcakes and vegan quiche and more! And you can get almond milk in your coffee drinks! Also the baristas are friendly and I've never had a hard time finding a place to sit. It's about a 20 minute walk from my house, which is good for getting some sunshine and exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment